Some Kewl Orange Fans Nov 2005

Some Kewl Orange Fans Nov 2005
Hi! From the Family

Friday, February 29, 2008

"USMC Battle Color Detachment"

Savannah's class attended the USMC Battle Color Detachment ceremony at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center here in 29 Palms today. I've been wanting to attend one of these ceremonies for a long time and today I finally got to see one. It was awesome! If you ever get a chance to see one of these performances, I'd highly recommend it.








The Battle Color ceremony features the U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, the Silent Drill Platoon, and the Marine Corps Color Guard. All are attached to Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C., also known as the "Oldest Post of the Corps." These Marines appear in hundreds of ceremonies annually across the country and abroad.








First, the U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps with their Music in Motion performance was wonderful. These men and women are excellent.











Then the Silent Drill Platoon came onto the field and was absoultely amazing. The 24 Marines perform synchronized drills without verbal commands. They did an outstanding job with no mistakes at all. AMAZING!!!










In the end of the ceremony, the USMC Color Guard came out with the flags. This part of any ceremony is just beautiful and always touches my heart. Rodge has done a lot of Color Guards in the past and I enjoyed watching him in everyone that I saw.


The entire ceremony today was beautiful, just beautiful.







Here is Savannah with some of the band members. The children really enjoyed having the band come over and chat with them once the ceremony was over.











I hope you enjoy some of the photos from today. Of course, I took way too many to post but I tried to select a few from all parts of the ceremony.

1 comment:

JoAnna Goodman said...

I know this must have been awesome to see. It just gives me goose bumps reading it! So glad Savannah got to be there, too. I've heard the Silent Drill Platoon was amazing to see!